We aggregate expert reviews to help you make better decisions in less time.
Out of 7 experts, 85% would recommend Mint Mobile with an average rating of 7.6/10.
Mint Mobile is a great choice for those looking to save money on their wireless plan. The prepaid plans are cost effective starting at $15/mo, T-mobile’s nationwide network has good coverage, and there are added benefits like tethering with every plan.
|Yes||“Mint Mobile is one of the most compelling prepaid wireless options on the market.” Full review|
|Yes||“The price is right for Mint Mobile, but it’s not the only low-cost cell phone provider around.” Full review|
|Yes||“Mint’s bulk sales model helps it achieve some of the lowest prices in the industry. And if you can put up with occasionally slowed-down data and having to go to community forums and third-party services like Google Voice to solve some problems, Mint shouldn’t let you down.” Full Review|
|Yes||“I’ve been using Mint Mobile for a year now – in multiple locations in the US and traveling abroad to more than a dozen countries. Mint turned out to be a great money-saver for me.” Full review|
|No||“We like the affordability of Mint Mobile’s long-term plans, but you can get the same or more data for similar cost with other MVNOs.” Full review|
|Yes||“If you’re looking for a new data plan for your unlocked iPhone, consider Mint Mobile.” Full review|
|Yes||“I strongly recommend Mint Mobile if you’re looking for good prices and live in an area where T-Mobile’s network performs well.” Full review|
- 3, 6, and 12 mo. prepaid plans
- 3, 6, and 12 GB options within each plan starting at $15/mo
- 4G LTE data
- Unlimited talk and text
- MVNO that runs on the nationwide T-mobile network
- Works with any GSM phone that runs on T-mobile’s network
- Free SIM card
- 2 GB speeds once data is used up
Most common pros
- Low price (7 of 7 experts)
- Tethering with all plans (7 of 7 experts)
- Data speed (4 of 7 experts)
- T-mobile network coverage (3 of 7 experts)
- Works with any GSM phone (3 of 7 experts)
Most common cons
- Deprioritized to T-mobile subscribers during congestion (2 of 7 experts)
- Gabs in T-mobile coverage in certain areas (2 of 7 experts)
- High phone prices if you buy a new phone from them (2 of 7 experts)
- Price jumps in data renewal offer on the 3 month plan (2 of 7 experts)
Who is this most frequently recommended for?
- People looking to save money
- People who already have a GSM phone
- People willing to keep track of their data
Mint Mobile was recommended across the board for it’s low priced prepaid phone plans. For those looking to save money on wireless this could be a great option.
The most common pros were the low prices, tethering, speed keeping up with the T-mobile network, easy user experience – including activation, billing, and dashboard – and ability to work with any GSM phone (or any that work with the T-mobile network).
One of the most important notes was that you should check the coverage of T-mobile in your area, as if it is not good coverage, this may not be the best choice for you. You can check coverage on their site, and also test Mint Mobile for $1 with their starter kit from Amazon if you want to be extra certain the coverage is good in your area.
Several experts noted that while Mint Mobile offers new phones themselves, they aren’t the best prices and suggested buying them elsewhere and then activating them with Mint Mobile after.
Overall, the expert reviews were very favorable of Mint Mobile’s cheap prepaid wireless plans and service.
Disclaimer: Backed by Experts’s recommendations are independently researched, with opinions that are solely those of Backed by Experts’s authors, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by any of the Experts or Providers included in the recommendation. Please check the Provider’s and Expert’s websites for most up to date information on their offerings and reviews. The information contained in these posts should be used for informational purposes only.