Out of 5 experts, 100% would recommend Jetty Renters Insurance with an average score of 8/10.
Jetty provides a good combination of good rates, customer service, customizable plans, and member discounts. The primary drawbacks are that there is no online claims process and it is not in all 50 states.
|Yes||“If you’re looking for a comfortable middle ground between a company with the best rates and one with great customer reviews, Jetty is a great choice.”||Full review|
|Consumers Advocate.org||Yes||“Jetty offers flexible, affordable, and comprehensive renters insurance. These are all solid advantages that offset a relative lack of significant discounts and no online claims process.”||Full review|
|Yes||“Jetty doesn’t have agents; you get quotes and buy policies through its website. Buying a policy takes less than two minutes”||Full review|
|Yes||“Jetty Insurance is hands-down, the fastest way to get quotes and buy renters insurance online.”|
Kimberly Goodwin, PHD
|Yes||“Both the rates and service could make this a company worth considering if you are in the market for renters insurance.”||Full review|
Key account information
- 3 plan types
- Rates: From $9 to $38 depending on your location and plan
- Everyday belongings coverage: From $10,000-40,000 depending on plan
- Portable electronics: $1,000-3,000 depending on plan
- Liability: $100,000-300,000 depending on plan
- Loss of use: $3,000-12,000 depending on plan
- Member discounts from consumer brands like Casper, Airbnb, Blue Apron, and more.
Most common pros
- Member discounts (3 of 5)
- Financial strength of backer (3 of 5)
- Customizability with plans (2 of 5)
- Helpful customer service (2 of 5)
Most common cons
- No online claims process (4 of 5)
- No coverage for certain dogs (2 of 5)
- Not nationwide (2 of 5)
Who is this most frequently recommended for?
- Renters who are looking for customizable coverage
- Renters who do not feel the need for online claims processing
Jetty’s renters insurance was given favorable reviews by all five experts included in this recommendation.
The offering provides a good combination between customizability, price and customer experience. Their customer service seems to be well-reviewed, and the experts were impressed with the number of consumer brands that were offering discounts – while some mentioned the discounts are not that steep.
While it was commonly noted that the lack of online claims processing can be a con for when those unfortunate instances do occur, the pros offset that.
The bottom line provided by the majority for reviews is that if you are a renter that wants well priced and easy renters insurance with friendly customer service – this could be for you.
Disclaimer: Backed by Experts’s recommendations are independently researched, with opinions that are solely those of Backed by Experts’s authors, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by any of the Experts or Providers included in the recommendation. Please check the Provider’s and Expert’s websites for most up to date information on their offerings and reviews. The information contained in these posts should be used for informational purposes only, ask a financial advisor for more details pertaining to your specific financial situation.